Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tatted Up!

     Last Sunday was quite the spontaneous day. Morgan has always wanted a nose ring, and a few of her teammates were going to the tattoo parlor to get their nose pierced and peer pressured invited her to come.She asked if I wanted to come, I figured why not? There had been a tattoo I had in the back of my head for a few months now, but I am not spontaneous nor a tattoo-type so I didn't think I was going to get anything done. After being there for awhile Morgan and I had a heart change. She no longer wanted her nose pierced and I wanted a tattoo. Our other friend Meghan showed up ( who already has 4 tattoos) and was all for anyone getting a tattoo, including herself. Morgan also wanted a tattoo in the same place, just a different design. So we decided to get it! I couldn't believe I was actually going through with it. I was soo nervous.
    Morgan was up first. She was getting a fish on her hand on the inside of her ring finger. I watched ( kind of) and it took maybe 2 minutes. I was next.. my hands were so clammy because I was petrified. I was so nervous that I was going to coil my arm back and have a huge black line on my finger. The noise was the worst part. It literally felt like a finger prick over and over. I got a cross, in the same spot as Morg, which ended up taking a little longer. Meghan was last, but she's an old pro. She got Mark 10:9 on her finger which is " Therefore what God has joined together, man must not separate." 


    I can't believe I have a tattoo. Because it is on the inside of my hand, I will have to get it touched up often if I want to keep it. I absolutely love looking down on it. My tattoo means so many things to me. It's a reminder that I am a Bride of Christ first and foremost. It's a symbol of my commitment to the Lord. It's permanent ( well, it's supposed to be) just as my faith is, with me forever. I love it and I give God all the Glory!
With our artist D.J.
Moriah and Jenny were good support!

1 comment: