Tuesday, November 1, 2011

     Well, I am going to pretend that I haven't posted in over a month. I've been busy with school, football, visitors and losing my camera charger ( a blog post with no pictures is no fun!) Therefore, I am just going to pick up with this past weekend.
    In the spirit of Halloween, I went and saw Paranormal Activity 3 this weekend- so good! I love knowing what happens, but hate how stressed and tense I am those 2 hours. Luckily I don't think about scary movies after I see them so I don't mind watching. Also, this past week was one of my favorite times during the Fall: Fair Week! I feel like in a small town, when an event is going on, it's a hugee deal. Especially when carnees are involved. In fact, the schools get a week off for The Fair Fall Break. My favorite things to do at the fair: people watch. eat fair food. watch the not-so talented shows. I haven't missed the fair since I have lived here and this year was not an exception! Although I don't have a picture from every year.. here are a few!

Statesboro Fair '09

 Statesboro Fair '10

















Statesboro Fair '11

The traveling show is the Colombian Pirates, the same show as the past couple of years. It always cracks me up to watch all their "skills" displayed. Bless their hearts..


     As we were walking around, the Carnee's Fair Employees always ask you to play one of their games for a prize. Moriah and I were talking about how we always feel that when they ask us to play a game, it's a loaded question and they really are asking us so much more and we need to keep moving! We decided to go the healthy route and get funnel cake. Healthy compared to our other option of fried butter.. 


     As I have mentioned earlier, I am a Recruiting Assistant with our football program, so being in the peak of our season has kept me busy. Our team is NUMBER ONE IN THE NATION right now so it has been such a fun ride. We played Presbyterian this past weekend at home and smoked them (48-14). It was so fun and I can't wait for next weekend when we go to Boone, North Carolina to play our rivals, who are second in conference, Appalachian State. It's going to be such a fun and freezing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment