Wednesday, June 22, 2011

National College Conference

     This is a long over due blog, but I guess I have been putting it off until now to write it. I really just want to write about/share my time at a camp that changed my life! I guess you can say it's the Spark Notes version of my testimony. Here it is: 
    Last May, for some reason I am not even sure of, I decided to go to an FCA camp in Missouri called National College Conference. It was over Memorial Day weekend, and about 25 Georgia Southern Athletes attended. I guess when I look back, I went in with a pretty open minded, just really wanted to see why every one said it was so awesome. Everything that was talked about at this camp was completely new to me. At the first couple meetings, I questioned everything.  I questioned everything to the point that there was nothing left to question. I knew that what I was reading and learning about was the truth. And that weekend ( May 29,2010) I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior! I love to look back on that weekend and see how God was working and how much I have grown in this past year. 
We got broken up in to Families when we arrived, and this our family :The Lions. Such fun people with a heart for the Lord.  I love how God put these people in my life on purpose. 
Within our families was a huddle. These were all the girls in my huddle group before a tacky-night. Such women of god!
Moriah, Morgan and I. This is where Morgan and I first ever hung out really, and now we are going to be roommates! Definitely not a God thing. 
Some fellow Georgia Southern Athletes. 
     Hands down, one of the highlights of the trip was the worship leader Coffey Anderson. He is now one of my favorite all time artists ( check him out). He was an amazing performer, hilarious, and so down to Earth. I really don't think the weekend would had been the same without him. 
All of us with Coffey. 
Here are 2 of his video I took off my camera so they aren't the best quality, but you get a feel for it!
Needless to say, I was not the same person when I came back after that trip. All I have to do is praise the lord for that. 
" He has rescued us from the domination of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins." Colossians 1:13-14

     So fast forward a year, and College Conference came around again the same weekend.Instead of the Nation College Conference, we went to the South Eastern one at St.Simons Island in Georgia. It was absolutely beautiful there. I was so excited to go again because last year had such an impact on my life. This years experience was a lot lot different. Not any worse or better, just different. I did know the Lord going into it this time around, but he still showed me so much. I learned a lot of different things that I did not know before and my favorite part is getting to meet new people. I love meeting other athletes that love the Lord. This was probably my last year going because I am old now but I am blessed I had the opportunity to go there and learn and grow fellowship with other believers. God truly blows me away daily. I am so glad he is now my best friend, my father, my King- my everything!

" And I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the son of god, who loved me and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20

 Our family, after a long day of activities. 

Love them!

" I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. You will have suffering in this world. Be courageous. I have conquered the world." John 16:33



No comments:

Post a Comment