Monday, August 8, 2011

Minnesooota

     After a year and a half, I made it back up to Minnesota! I was born in Plymouth, Minnesota and moved to Georgia when I was 5, but my moms entire family still lives there. We usually go back once a year, but the last time I visited was over a year ago in the winter time. Summer in Minnesota is absolutely beautiful. I almost got tricked that I would want to live there, but then I remembered it is only like that for maybe two months out of the year. I love the sun and heat too much to live anywhere else but the south. Needless to say, it was really good to visit with my family I don't see all that often. 
  My aunt and uncle live in Minneapolis and are avid bike riders. The lakes around this area are so gorgeous and the place to be at during the summer. 



We ended up going on a 22 mile bike ride throughout Minneapolis- and I didn't even complain that much!

  The Metrodome (where the Vikings play)


The upper bridge in this picture is the I-35 W Mississippi River Bridge that collapsed almost 4 years ago. They are currently building a memorial for all those that died and got injured in the collapse. 
My cousin, Brandon, is a huge Manchester City fan. We went to this really cool pub called the Local to watch them play. Cameron is a huge soccer fan as well and I.. well I love to eat so I was game to watch some soccer. 

 I finally got to meet my cousins baby Azalea! So I guess that would make her my 1st cousin once removed? She is cute as a button. 

It's always so good to see my grandma. And I love it when we are matching. After we took this picture, she proceeded to say, " That's enough of that!" 
We ate at lots of yummy places, but this place was right on the river and it was such a beautiful day. No humidity is rather refreshing!
Visiting Azalea and Melissa at her super cute house on the way to Mall of America.
Mall of America + no sales tax on clothes = bliss. 

     It was such a good quick visit to Minnesota but it is always good to see my family and connect with my home roots! But I have to say, the south is my home!



1 comment:

  1. Love this post! I totally laughed out loud at the Grandma comment. (I'm sure my co-workers are wondering what I'm doing over here). It was so good to see you!!

    ReplyDelete