Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Weekend

First of all, Happy Easter! I love this holiday. 
    "Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with Him, because we know that Christ, having been raised from the dead, will not die again. Death no longer rules over Him. For in light of the fact that He died, He died to sin once for all; but in light of the fact that He lives, He lives to God. " Romans 6:8-10
    I love knowing my Jesus has risen from the dead, just as he said he would. If it wasn't for today, there would be no such thing as church. Not only has he saved my life, but so many others. I love me some Jesus!
    So  my good friend from school, Moriah, came home with me this weekend. She is from North Carolina/Virginia so she had never been to Alpharetta. Friday we went to the Good Friday Concert at Verizon Amphitheater. Louie Giglio was the speaker, and Chris Tomlin lead worship along with Christy Knockels and Kristian Stanfil (cutie). It was so powerful to worship with over 12,000 people.


    I was so excited my younger brother Cameron got to come as well! 

    Because it was so crowded, we didn't get to sit with all our friends but we got to meet up with them afterwards. Alicia and Stephanie are my best friends from high school that go to UGA, and Jacob and Tyler are fellow Eagles at Georgia Southern. 

Nothing like a little late night Waffle House and Fellowship. Nice and cozy in our spacious booth.

    Saturday Moriah and I got a solid workout from my friend/trainer at Lifetime Fitness. Moriah also got introduced to the steam sauna, which we both love. After our 4 hour adventure   to lifetime, we hit up the mall. Compared to the "small" in Statesboro, it is so refreshing to shop at somewhere with more than 8 stores. We felt so spoiled. 

     My Grandparents treated us to dinner at the Club. It was so yummy and I love spending time with them. I am so lucky they live so close and have been such a huge part of my life. 
So full from our three desserts but such a beautiful evening!

    This morning Moriah, Cameron, and I went to Easter service at Northpoint Community Church. I didn't think it was the best Easter service, but it's always such a cool experience to hear Andy Stanley speak and worship on such a large scale. Tonight we had a mini Easter dinner at my apartment. I made chicken wrapped in bacon, green beans, mashed potatoes, cream of corn and brownies for dessert. My friends Michael and Chris and roommate Melanie all ate together. Forgot to take pictures of our family meal time. 

    Some exciting news had happened this weekend: one of my roommates, Ali, got engaged! She went home to Tennessee for Easter weekend and her now fiancé, Nathan, proposed!  They have been dating for 5 years now, and are so perfect together. Selfishly, I am so glad he proposed this weekend because now we have 3 weeks to talk about wedding plans before we graduate. Melanie and I decided to have some dorky surprises set up for when she gets home tomorrow. 
  Her new name last name is going to be Miller, so we made her a sugar cookie in the shape of an "M." We aren't the most creative.. but we made do with what he had. And just to note, I wasn't the one who thought "future" was spelled "futre" 
     We had some extra window snow spray from Christmas, so we decided to graffiti our own door. 

    Ali is my first close friend to get engaged, and I am so excited this stage of my life is approaching. I can't wait to attend all these weddings! Congrats Ali & Nathan :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment