Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sophomore Year!

     So sophomore year has been one of my favorites! I would say each year got better and better, but this year had so many new changes. To start off, I moved into my very first apartment! It was really a God thing how great it all worked out. Sarah and I had no idea who we were going to live with, until we heard Melanie and Ali were looking for roommates. Since they played tennis and we played volleyball, we were acquittance's but didn't know each other all that well but it fortunately worked out awesome. We moved into a brand new apartment, and have lived together for three years now, and I really couldn't ask for any better (or cleaner) roommates. 

It has changed a little since this picture, but this has been home for 3 years!

Sarah Melanie at I at our annual convocation. 
    What's really cool is we all came in together as student athletes at the same time and now we are all graduating together at the same time. 1005 til I die! (our apartment) 

   This was the year we got a new coach, and ultimately a new program. Sarah and I were so nervous/excited to start fresh. Along with a new coach, came new players. I don't think he could have brought in a crew that got along better. We all spent an incredible amount of time together, and I literally have thousands of pictures with these girls from sophomore year alone. Figuring our what pictures to post really tests my ability to make decisions. 

This was one of our very first hang outs outside of volleyball. As you can tell, we got very close pretty quickly. Luckily, we don't all look so baby anymore. 

Me, Parker, Lauren, Hannah, Bethany and Hayli

One of the first pictures in our new updated locker room!

I had to put one up of Parker's "long arm". Such a talent. 

    Needless to say, I had such a fun time with these girls, and even though they were freshman, I felt like it was my freshman year all over again! 

   So another huge part of not only my sophomore year but of my time at college was meeting Michael. He was my first "real" boyfriend and we dated (on and off) for two and half years. He played football, so we used to see each other around, but I guess we really first met at the pool. He ended up living a few apartments down from me for 2 years. 
This was our very first picture together ever! We actually didn't end up getting a picture taken of our faces for quite some time. 
We decided that God really wants us to grow individually, so we are not together now but Michael is still one of my closest friends. It's so cool to see where God has taken us; both together and not together. 

   I have to say freshman year was pretty smooth sailing. I really started to feel independent living on my own, declared my now major ( psychology), got an awesome new coach/program and met some great people. Couldn't have asked for anything more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment