Thursday, May 5, 2011

Dinner for CHAMPS!

      I've had a pretty good week! This Monday, the volleyball team was invited to eat at the president of our university, Dr.Keel, house because we are such a big deal won SOCON. We felt so grown up, and almost out of character because we didn't quite know the correct etiquette. Like... how many times can you go back for more food? 


SOCON Champs 2010!

Obviously Moriah was studying the food, which was so yummy. There was chicken and shrimp and veggies and flat bread with goat cheese! And for dessert they had carrot cake and cookies and fudge-brownies. All sorts of delicious stuff. I think they were a little surprised how much we could chow down.. 

 

 Confession: most of these pictures were taken to capture the beautiful house.

     It was so nice for them to invite us to their home. It was so beautiful and so close to campus, who woulda thought? 

    Tuesday was my last FCA as an undergrad. Stuart Hall spoke and I wish I could type up all my notes because it was that good. He went over Matthew: 25- 34, which is something I need to be reading every day due to the uncertainty of all that comes along with graduating. But what is that worrying going to do for me? There really is no point to worry when God is in control. He has a will for his life in me. I loved when Stuart talked about people's "calling." When in reality we are only called to Jesus. With that, he gives us specific gifts, and for those gifts he gives us passion. He doesn't "call" you but just gives you passion. Now, I have to make sure my heart is matched up to be passionate for the kingdom of God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment