Sunday, May 1, 2011

Just a warning: this blog is long and random, but it will include lot of pictures so that's fun! 

On Friday, we had Relay for Life at the Fair Grounds. All the survivors take a lap, then the athletes, following everyone else. It's really cool to see every one together to support such an awesome cause. After we walk a few laps, we have a little barbecue with hamburgers and hot dogs.
Some of the volleyball team + Brent. 

Later on, Moriah and I decided to be social and go out. The funniest part of the night was when a girl bent over to pick something up, and on her way up nailed Moriah in the nose giving her a bloody nose. She is prone to bloody noses, but it was just funny because everyone thought she had been fight. Most definitely not the case. 

(prior to the mishap) 

  As I have mentioned before, my roommate Ali is engaged! So we went to a local dress shop in town called Frills and Fancies on Saturday. There was 5 of us, and it was all our first time shopping for a wedding dress. It was so fun! We went around the store and marked the dresses we/Ali liked and then the process began. The 4th dress Ali tried on was "the one." It really helps to have such a decisive bride. I took so many pictures but can't post them because the dress has to be a surprise! 

Here's a little sneak peak: 
This is Ali in her dress with the beautiful ring!

The bride and I!
    Afterwards we all went to Mellow Mushroom for lunch, and La Berry for dessert. Such a successful, fun day. Later that night, Moriah and I jumped the bandwagon and started watching Will and Kate wedding coverage. It was a wonderful Saturday evening. 

    Since we are all moving out soon, Melanie and I decided we needed to start cooking everything we have.   
               I started with banana bread..                             then we made this pasta salad: 

This is a combination of onions, corn, red peppers, peas and tomatoes. Sounds gross, but it's not bad at all! 

Then we made a pasta bake. We used ground turkey, penne noodles and egg noodles, and lots of cheese. And garlic toast of course.
Don't worry, Melanie is full clothed. 




Lastly, we had canned pineapple and cherries so we decided to combine them and make a pie! So we made the dough, and combined it all. 

   





    
 So last week I was in Alpharetta for Easter, so I missed church at Connection. And when I am not there, I really miss it. What I love about Connection,(besides the worship band and Brandon)  is that it really challenges me in my faith. Brandon was a little scattered brain today, but he hit so many good topics. The more and more I read, learn, listen etc. about God, it blows me away just how extraordinary he is. Every day, I fall more and more in love with him. He really can change anyones heart.I loved when Brandon said this: is the work of the devil in the garden greater than the work of God on the cross?
     We are as close to God as we choose to be so why wouldn't we want to pursuit the one who has been pursuing us this entire time? I get so so excited to see how he has been working on campus here at Georgia Southern, and in my life. I want with all my heart for people to look at ME and praise HIM.  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment