Thursday, November 17, 2011

App State Weekend


    This weekend didn't go quite as planned. Two of my co-workers/friends and I along with a couple other Georgia Southern employees heading up to Boone, North Carolina early Friday morning. The ride wasn't bad at all considering I slept a lot of the way there. After we checked into our hotel, we headed to downtown Boone for lunch and shopping. We ate at Mellow Mushroom and had possibly the worst service ever. They do have really cute original shops where I bought 2 headbands and a pair of glass earrings! 

And they had some not so cute stuff.. 

    Saturday night we went to dinner and I had the BEST steak I have ever had. So delicious!
Caroline, Kassi and I before dinner

       Our Saturday.. It was snowing! I didn't even know that was possible in October. It. Was. Freezing. We started tailgating at around noon ( the game didn't start til 3) so there was a lot of in the truck time for Kassi and I. I had on a long sleeve shirt, 2 sweat shirts, and a jacket someone let me borrow and I was still so cold. I guess I have Statesboro blood now! 

Cold to the bone. 
     Even though I am not a fan of App because they are rivals, I really love how much the community supports the school. They had so so many fans there. The game was so intense but unfortunately we didn't come out on top. It was such a heart breaker, but a fun game nonetheless. 
Before heading out on the field with our mascot, Freedom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment