Thursday, November 24, 2011

Eastman Visit

     On the way home to Alpharetta, I stopped in Eastman, Georgia to visit my good friend Meghan's hometown! I thought Statesboro was small, but Eastman has that beat- the town has around 7,500 people. One of my favorite things was they had a black friday sign.. for a yard sale. Meghan had surgery on her sinuses on Monday, so I hung out at the hospital with her and her family Monday. Her mom is so sweet and pretty much Betty Crocker. She cooked us the most yummy food all weekend. We stayed at her Nana and Papas house and they are such a hoot. It was so good to see Meghan's hometown and hang out with her family. And she is healing great from surgery, I was on nose-blood-drip-duty and I was on top of it!
    For the longest longest time, I have been wanting to go hunting. When we got there Sunday after church, we headed out with her dad for a few hours to their near by deer stand. I was wanting to kill a deer so so badly. We stayed out for a few hours and saw nothing. I was a little disappointed but it was still fun to be outside in complete silence. Well.. I had a little problem with chatting!
Climbing up the deer stand!


I  started to get a little restless.. 
Maybe all the flash was why we saw no deer? Oops. 

This is their dog Daisy. The biggest small dog I have ever seen. Daisy might eat better meals than me. Steak, chicken, Ribs, Apple Pie, you name it. 


Meg's beautiful art work!

   Meg's mom is in love with Pinterest as much as I am, so we started to get crafty. I haven't done anything crafty in quite awhile so it was so fun! We used white canvases, and mod podged them with paper!

     One of Megs and I favorite song is "How he loves us" by David Crowder Band so we both did the same thing. Mine was still a little wet. And my cousin's wife is having a baby in February named Aubrie so I made that for her room. Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment